Burden Basket

Lay it down, lay it down
Too heavy more to bear
Can I rest now, rest my weary heart
Is there anywhere

Must I pile my burdens higher
Carry them within
Be burdened down with many sorrows
Another basket weave

Every dawn shall I rise to reach
For another strand of fear
To pattern into my burden basket
And grasp it very near

Then will I struggle through the day
Bearing of that heavy load
Weighed down with every sadness
To claim it as my own

Would I want to set it down
Could I bear to be set free
Do I like its old familiar chords
Gripping hold of me.

Master weaver might there be
A lighter way to live
If I let You have that basket
What joy would then begin.

Soft Whispers for you from Derry's Heart Poems &copy 2005

"Come to me,
all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest....
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."..
Matthew 11:28-30 .......



Print Friendly and PDF
Thanks For Visiting
LazsRealm
LazsRealm