The Ten Commandments Poem



I am the Lord your God
and I will command thee
For you shall have no other gods,
no nothing before Me.

You'll not make yourself an idol
with the treasures of this earth
For nothing else shall rule your life,
no other god you'll serve.

Do not misuse or disrespect
the Lord God's Holy name
For I'll hold no one guiltless who
speaks My name in vain.

Remember now the Sabbath day
by keeping it holy
Six days you toil, six days you work,
but the seventh is for Me.

Honor your father and your mother
that you may live long
In the land the Lord gives to you
where you shall belong.

You shall not commit murder
or take another's life
For I the Lord have kept you
safe from harm and strife.


Do not commit adultery
for pleasures of the flesh
Are sinful but in marriage
which the Lord does richly bless.

Do not take what isn't yours
nor will you deceive or steal
For if it's not already yours
then it was never in My Will.

You shall not lie or accuse
your neighbor or your brother
For I, the Lord, can see your heart
and I know you like no other.

Do not desire what isn't yours
for coveting is a sin,
But wait on Me, the Lord your God,
and I'll shower you with blessings.

These are My commandments
take them to your heart
Do not fear for I have come
to show you where to start.

For I am the Lord your God
and I say unto thee
These simple laws I give to you,
honor them for Me.


© Christina 5th February, 2004 - Stina Graphics
Thanks For Visiting
LazsRealm
LazsRealm