Grave Clothes And The New Year


... When He had said this Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them,
“Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” John 11:43-44
The event in thee above verses triggered the Pharisees to crucify Jesus. Lazarus had been dead four days. Jewish tradition prompted the family to bury soon after death, but the Jews also believed the spirit hovered over the dead body for up to three days. This time too had passed. Lazarus was a fully dead man! It was a real miracle to bring him back to life, and this was too much for the Pharisees.

Jesus came to give us life! Jesus told Lazarus to take off His grave clothes, to quit “living” like he was dead. Shouldn’t we do the same thing?
    Perhaps you have made some whopper mistakes along the way. Brokenness has a way of catching up with us.

    We all have a past. Some of us have major regrets tucked away in our history. Some of us have walked through some hard core situations. Pain, loss, failure, mistakes. Some of us have had private failures, some of us have had quite public ones.

    We can keep a lid on things only for so long, but eventually, sin has a way of being exposed
Well, stop “living” among the dead. Look alive! Don’t let this world define your peace, contentment, or joy.

Take off your grave clothes and LIVE!


Stephen McWhirter - Grave Clothes (Lyrics)

SONG STORY Birthed out of a powerful and spontaneous time of worship, “Grave Clothes” is a declaration and powerful anthem, calling us to take off what is dead and put on the fullness of life, in Christ. Stephen McWhirter’s own testimony is one of being radically restored from meth addict to worship leader, after encountering the One who called him the tomb, removing his Grave Clothes, and putting on resurrection.


Grave Clothes: VERSE 1 You show up, the power of death is broken Just one touch, and I am changed From your lips my true name You’ve spoken You’re calling out who I’ve always been CHORUS I’m taking off my grave clothes I’m putting on righteousness I’m taking off my grave clothes I’m putting on resurrection VERSE 2 You step in, crushing every stronghold All my sin beneath Your feet Just one word, and You awaken my soul I trade these rags for who You say I am BRIDGE I’m gonna sing it till I mean it Till all my doubts have been defeated I’m gonna sing it till I mean it You’re gonna see this dead man walk





Print Friendly and PDF
Thanks For Visiting
LazsRealm
LazsRealm