Before I Go ~ Poem

When my life has reached its very end,
And I take my final breath;
I want to know I've left behind,
Some good before my death.

I hope that in my final hour,
In all honesty I can say;
That somewhere in my lifetime,
I have brightened someone's day.

That maybe I have brought a smile,
To someone else's face,
And made one moment a little sweeter,
While they dwelled here in this place.

Lord, please be my reminder,
And whisper in my ear...
To be a "giver", not a "taker,"
In the years I have left here.

Give to me strength I will need,
Open up my mind and soul;
That I may show sincere compassion,
And love to others as I go.

For if not a heart be touched by me,
And not a smile I've left behind,
Then the life that You have blessed me with,
Will have been a waste of time.

With all my heart I truly pray,
I leave something here on earth;
That touched another child of yours,
And gave my life its worth...

Heart & Soul ~Shawnee Kellie~
 

 
Print Friendly and PDF
Thanks For Visiting
Copyright © 2015 - AngelicDreams4U
LazsRealm
LazsRealm

Labels

acronym (26) Advent (16) Angels (7) beatitudes (2) christmas (99) commandments (12) countdown (27) craft (14) Dad (8) Dear God (4) easter (50) ebook (21) gratitude (23) grief (4) halloween (4) holiday (36) humor (50) inspire (71) interactive (19) lesson (27) list (61) movie review (2) music (19) parable (45) poem (118) prayer (62) printable (22) quote (5) saint (23) scripture (14) st.patricks (6) story (86) testimony (12) thanksgiving (24) valentine (16) verse (24) video (41)