B.A.P.T.I.S.M Acronym


The word BAPTISM is commonly used as a memory trick (mnemonic) to name the 12 Apostles of Jesus. A related and very common eight-letter acronym, B-A-P-T-I-S-T, defines core Christian beliefs in the Baptist tradition.

The BAPTISM Acronym for the 12 Apostles
    Each letter stands for one or more of the twelve apostles:
      B – Bartholomew 
      A – Andrew 
      P – Peter and Philip 
      T – Thomas 
      I – James the Greater, James the Lesser, John, and Jude (Thaddaeus) 
      S – Simon the Zealot 
      M – Matthew

 

The BAPTIST Acronym (Core Beliefs)

Used for Baptist church distinctives, the letters spell B-A-P-T-I-S-T:
    B – Biblical Authority 
    A – Autonomy of the local church 
    P – Priesthood of all believers 
    T – Two Ordinances (Baptism and the Lord's Supper) 
    I – Individual Soul Liberty 
    S – Saved, baptized church membership 
    T – Two offices (Pastor and Deacon) 
    S – Separation of church and state
Print Friendly and PDF
Thanks For Visiting
Copyright © 2015 - AngelicDreams4U
LazsRealm
LazsRealm

Labels

acronym (26) Advent (16) Angels (7) beatitudes (2) christmas (99) commandments (12) countdown (27) craft (14) Dad (8) Dear God (4) easter (50) ebook (21) gratitude (23) grief (4) halloween (4) holiday (36) humor (50) inspire (71) interactive (19) lesson (27) list (61) movie review (2) music (19) parable (45) poem (118) prayer (62) printable (22) quote (5) saint (23) scripture (14) st.patricks (6) story (86) testimony (12) thanksgiving (24) valentine (16) verse (24) video (41)