The 23rd Psalm for Genealogists


Genealogy is my Pastime ... I shall not stray,
It maketh me to lie down and examine half-buried Tombstones;

It leadeth me into still Courthouses.
It restoreth my Ancestral Knowledge;

It leadeth me into the Paths of Census Records
and Ships Passenger Lists for my Surnames' sake;

Yes, though I wait through the Shadows
of Research Libraries and Microfilm Readers,

I shall fear no Discouragment,
for a Strong Urge is with me.

The curiosity and Motivation,
they Comfort me;

It demandeth preparation of Storage Space
for the Aquisition of Countless Documents;

It anointeth my Head with burning Midnight Oil,
My Family Group Sheets runneth over.

Surely Birth,Marriage and Death dates
shall follow me all the Days of my Life,

And I shall dwell in the House
of a Family History Seeker Forever.
 
~ By Wildamae Brestal ~
 
Image courtesy of Moon-and - Back Graphics
Thanks For Visiting
Copyright © 2015 - AngelicDreams4U
LoriAnn
LoriAnn