The Yard Sale

I was at yard sale browsing through some books
I am an avid reader so I thought I'd take a look
Than I spied a treasure worth more than I could pay
In the bottom of the box a worn Bible lay

I thought surely it was put there by mistake
So I ask if it was for sale and how much for it she'd take
Oh that old book she said it's so tattered and worn
A quarter is plenty as you see the sides are torn

It belonged to my Grandma she always kept it near
But it's of no use to us nobody reads it here
I opened up the Bible verses were marked n every page
Tears stained many pages although they had turned brown with age

Than I found the verse that made my heart break
The lady said no one read it but what would she think
I simply had to show here I felt it in my heart
I felt the Bible in my hands from her it shouldn't part

It said to my children and grandchildren I love you all the same
I pray you give your heart to Jesus I ask this in His Name
I've prayed many years for you and I will until I'm gone
Don't worry about my passing for I'm just going Home

Tears began to fill my eyes and I called her aside
I said I can't take this and I showed her what was inside
She read the verse her Grandma wrote and she began to cry
I could tell that she was sorry and her life just wasn't right

She fell down on her knees right there among the crowd
Oh Father please forgive me I heard her crying loud
I know I have forsaken the way my Grandma trod
But she's left this dear old Bible to lead me Home to God

~*© Raylene Boggs*~ 2002



Thanks For Visiting
LazsRealm
LazsRealm