A Cowboy’s Last Request



  "Let me tell you folks
Who have gathered here today
That I'm a proud and thankful cowboy
Who has just passed away

I know it's hard
But, please don't cry
Fer I'm now ridin' Gods trails
High up in the sky

The hoss I'm ridin' now
Don't spook, buck or kick
Fer God stables perfect horses
And now I have my pick

Lord, please forgive me of all my sins
Fer I haven't been perfect
But I know that he who believes in You
Forever wins!

I have lived a good life
A cowboys dream come true
Thank You Lord,
Fer I'm now ready to ride into eternity
Me, my horse, and You."

... Poem written by Terry Ike Clanton   copyright 2000

video is at: https://youtu.be/NT3Z6Qe1Ews

If you would like to read this poem at a funeral, print it in a funeral program, engrave it on a gravestone, or any other non-commercial use, please include... Poem written by Terry Ike Clanton. We would also appreciate if you would send us a program, a photo of the gravestone, etc. for our files, Thank you. Please send to the address below. 

Clanton Ranch
12902 E. Park Street
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Thanks For Visiting
LazsRealm
LazsRealm