One Penny



One Penny For Jesus

I counted my pennies one by one,
Which I said were mine for the work I’d done.
It went allright ‘till I cam to "ten",
And that is where real trouble began!

One penny for Jesus?
Surely that could not be!
For that leaves only nine for me!
I counted again and looked for more
But my conscience hurt, and my heart was sore,
For Jesus wanted the one called "ten",
And a thief I had never been!

One penny for Jesus?
Could it possibly be
That He would request no more from me?
I counted again with a clearer view
Not pennies, but what those pennies might do;
If a soul could be won with a mite called "ten",
Why not God’s work with the nine begin?
My pennies I never counted again!

One penny for Jesus?
Could it possibly be?
When He gave His life and His all for me?




Thanks For Visiting
LazsRealm
LazsRealm